Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Welcome....



So basically I'm new to the blogging world and thought... what the hell? I might have something to say occasionally.

The title of this Blog is Sick Girl for a couple of reasons: 1. I always seem to be sick. 2. Its always some random, off the wall problem or virus or disease.

There may be times I get too graphic so this right now is your warning to run. Also, I am not saying I am dying (yet) or that I have something life threatening (yet), so please don't think I am asking for sympathy or money (However if you DO feel the need to make a contribution I will TOTALLY send you my address. HAH!) This is more like my place to vent... and to chronicle everything.


They say the best medicine is laughter or some crap like that so I will attempt to be humorous although in all likelihood I will totally be the only one laughing :-)



So here goes....


I guess it all starts when I was a child. I had chronic ear infections. Yes, I realize there's nothing too crazy about that but its the first major thing I can remember. I have vivid memories of the pain associated with them and how my mom would make me lie on heating pads all the time. I also remember that horrible stab that comes when your eardrums burst (which happened WAY too many times to count) but also the sweet relief from pain that happens afterwards. After a few years of these, and MANY trips to my ENT doctor they decided to place tubes in my ears. I remember not being afraid to go into "surgery" although my mother was. I remember them placing a mask over my mouth asking me to count backwards from 100 and me replying "I cant count that high....*snore*" (I was like 4 and my math skills obviously never progressed after that :-)). The next thing I remember was sitting up on a gurney and they had given me a precious moments stuffed doll. Hospitals were much more caring back then. I had the tubes for awhile and the doctor said they would just fall out most likely while I slept. Yes... one did... the other other fell out while eating a hamburger at Hardees... freaked me out and I started crying... BUT.. they did work. I still got ear infections but not every month and only lost about half of my hearing on my left side (which is why I say "WHAT?" A LOT!"




And that was just the beginning......

1 comment:

  1. If I read your blog, will I catch some of your diseases? I didn't realize you had lost some of the hearing in one ear. Huh.

    ReplyDelete