Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Just say no..... HAH- yeah, right!!!

So first things first... I will not be going in chronological order... mostly because I'm too scatterbrained for that but also, I feel like writing about what I want to write about :-P (even if its not about being sick!)


So obviously the header on this post is exactly what it says... drugs... 
Now, I do not condone doing drugs. In fact I am very anti-drug... at least the illegal kind :-)


Now throughout my years as a sickie, I have been prescribed many different drugs for many different reasons. I also get some of the random ones because I'm allergic to penicillin and sulfa (OF COURSE!)


Because of these many prescriptions I have also developed resistances to some of the minor pain-killers. Things like codeine? Pfft... don't even touch or affect me anymore. Kinda like taking Tylenol.. and not even the extra strength kind. 


So, for really bad cough/colds the doctors have given me Tussinex instead of the cough syrup with codeine. Now Tussinex (oh and forgive me because I'm probably going to misspell all of these drugs)... where was I? Oh yes, Tussinex... *sigh* Tussinex is genius. First off, I HATE liquid medicine. As a child I used to spit it out at my mother (never a good thing). So when I was prescribed a new liquid medication I may or may not have thrown a huge fit and made my hubby buy me a childrens' medicine dropper. When I got it home I of course read the warnings, side effects, etc. And there's a HUGE warning saying "Use with caution. Highly addictive" So of course this scares me more thinking the smart pharmacists would totally make it disgusting tasting to discourage junkies... so I filled my baby dropper, wincing, and making my husband count to three and shot that sucker into my mouth as fast as possible.... (is it just me or was that last sentence incredibly dirty sounding? :-))... So here's the kicker... that shit is SOOOOO delicious!!! It seriously tastes like a pina coloda! Are you kidding me you stupid pharmacists??? No wonder its addictive... I was totally trying to suck every last drop outta that baby dropper!!! (oops dirty again)... As for the effects? Well i had to rely on Chads report for that... According to him I kept saying "I'm underwater!!!"... hmm... so yes... I likey Tussinex


I have been on other painkillers of course and I will touch on those as I get to the other varied illnesses, etc. But one last thought... Migraines? I have never had to be on a prescription because I usually only get one a month and have always been able to control them with Excedrin Migraine.... and now they have taken it away... and I am not happy about it... Seriously... it was like a miracle drug....... :-(








BRING IT BACK OR PEOPLE WILL GET HURT!!!!

1 comment:

  1. First of all - you need to change your profile info because it says you're a male (is there something I need to know??).

    I didn't realize Excedrin Migraine was gone. I used to be able to take that for my migraines too, but over the past handful of years, I've gotten to where I can't take pills with caffeine because it make me jittery and I can't stand that feeling.

    ReplyDelete